The Church Copyright License® (CCL®) is the permission to create song duplications or copies of covered songs in the following manner:
- Print songs, hymns and lyrics in bulletins, programs, liturgies and song sheets for use in congregational singing.
- Create your own customized song books or hymnals for use in congregational singing.
- Create computer projection files, overhead transparencies or slides to project songs to assist the congregation.
- Create digital song files to share with your worship team.
- Arrange, print and copy your own vocal or instrumental arrangements of congregational songs, where no published version is available.
- Translate song lyrics into another language for congregational singing if no published translation is available.
- Record your worship services by audio or video means provided you only record “live” music (instrumental and vocal). Accompaniment tracks cannot be reproduced. You may also charge up to $4.00 (U.S.) / $5.00 (CAN) each for audio tapes and CDs, and $12.00 (U.S.) / $15.00 (CAN) each for video tapes and DVDs. The quantity of recorded copies allowed per service cannot exceed 15% of the maximum number of your church size category.