*As of April 8th, 2014, Microsoft has ended all support for Windows XP. They recommend upgrading your computer to at least Windows 7 or purchasing a new computer.* (more information)
*This support article is a temporary solution intended to give you access to SongSelect.com until you can upgrade your computer. It is recommended to upgrade your computer as soon as possible because Windows XP will only become less secure and more risky to use as time moves on.*
Installing Microsoft’s Root Certificate Hotfix
- Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125.
- Under the Resolution section click on the link Update for Root Certificates for Windows XP [November 2013] (KB931125).
- Click the Download button to download and install the Hotfix.
a. Some computers require a Validation Tool to be installed before the download can begin.
b. Click the Continue button, and on the next page click Continue under Run the validation tool.
c. When the download dialog box appears select Run to run the validation tool.
d. After the window appears with a validation code, copy the code and paste it in the Enter your validation code section on the webpage. Select Validate.
e. Click Download and install the update.
- Go to Songselect.com and see if you are getting the SSL Certificate error.
- If you are still experiencing the problem continue to the next section.
Manually installing the Root Certificate
- Click here to download the correct root certificate file.
- Click Open when prompted.
a. In Firefox and Chrome you must save the file and run it. Then continue to step 3.
- In the Certificate window click Install Certificate…
- The Certificate Import Wizard will launch, then select Next.
- Click the Place all certificates in the following store button and select Browse.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
- Click Next then Finish.
- Click OK when the The import was successful window appears.
- Select OK on the Certificate window to close it.
- Reboot your computer and then visit SongSelect.com and see if the error is still occurring.