Our worship team wants to record a worship CD. Is this covered by CCLI®?

Posted by & filed under COPYRIGHT LICENSE (CCL), Recording Services, YOUR OTHER QUESTIONS.

We’re sorry but this is not covered by any licenses offered by CCLI®. If your intention is to record and produce a commercial CD featuring your organization’s worship team you will need to obtain permission from each song’s copyright owner. The coverage under the Church Copyright License® regarding recording is the permission to record the live music during the church’s worship service.

You can find contact information for copyright owners covered by CCLI® by:

    1. Go to www.ccli.com  and find the SongSearch link under Customer Quick Links on the right of the page.
    2. Click on the “Authorized Catalogs” button and locate the name of the song’s copyright owner.
    3. If the copyright owner is found, their contact information is listed to the right.

Catalog List


Comments are closed.