I lead worship for various ministries. Do I need a license?

Posted by & filed under COPYRIGHT LICENSE (CCL).

When leading congregational worship singing, if you make or use a copy of copyrighted songs that are not owned by yourself, you would use the coverage of the Church Copyright License® that has been assigned to that church or organization. Their CCL number needs to be included on all copies or song projections. The copies and digital song files belong to that church or organization and they would be included in their Online Reporting when they are selected to report.

If that church or organization does not have an active Church Copyright License®, we would be happy to talk with their representative regarding the legal coverage for their congregation’s duplication needs. For more information please contact a licensing representative regarding a Church Copyright License.

Another option would be to obtain a Church Copyright Mobile License if you have a traveling ministry.  For more details, please refer to Church Copyright License® – Mobile.

Comments are closed.