The seven day Event License is available for single events such as conferences, special meetings, city-wide meetings, crusades, or camp meetings.
Because the Event License is for a shorter period of time, the License Fee is discounted from the Church Copyright License® Annual Fee.
The Event License is the same as the Church Copyright License®, except:
- The event will run for no more than seven consecutive days.
- Every song reproduced under the Event License must be reported, and every Event Licensee must report.
- CCLI® will automatically terminate the Event License at the end of the seven-day period.
Here is a summary of what you have the freedom to do as an Event License Holder:
- Create digital song files, overhead transparencies, slides, or use any other format where song lyrics are visually projected for use in congregational singing.
- Print songs and hymns and lyrics in bulletins, programs, liturgies and songsheets for use in congregational singing.
- Translate song lyrics into another language for congregational singing, where no published version is available.
- Arrange, print and copy your own arrangements (vocal and instrumental) of songs where no published version is available, for use in congregational singing.
The quantity of copies allowed should not exceed the maximum number of your licensed size category.
The Event License is a seven day license. All terms are in effect only when the License is active.
The Event License does NOT allow you to:
- Photocopy or duplicate octavos, cantatas, musicals, handbell music, keyboard arrangements, vocal scores, orchestrations or other instrumental works.
- Rent, sell or lend copies made under the License to groups outside the church or to other churches.
- Assign or transfer the License to another church or group without CCLI’s approval.