Do we need a Copyright License?

Posted by & filed under COPYRIGHT LICENSE (CCL).

Do any of the following activities apply?

  • Do you print or photocopy songs in bulletins, liturgy or handouts for use in your worship service?
  • Do you copy song lyrics and/or music to create your own church songbooks?
  • Do you use projection equipment to project song lyrics to assist with your song service?
  • Do you record your song service?
  • Do you copy songs for use with special services, small group meetings or activities like youth events or family camps?
  • Do you create your own translations of the lyrics to another language or create your own arrangements?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then your organization needs copyright permission. For more information regarding the benefits of the Church Copyright License, please contact one of our representatives by calling 1-800-234-2446. 

Comments are closed.