- Click menu (. . .) and select Settings.
- Under Clear browsing data click Choose what to clear.
- Check the boxes for Browsing history / Cookies and saved website data / Cached data files.
- Click Clear.
- Wait for Edge to clear data (this may take a few minutes).
- Close and restart Edge.
- Go to the Tools menu, and click Internet options.
- Select the General tab and choose Delete… under Browsing history.
- Check Temporary Internet files / Cookies / website data and click Delete.
- When Internet Explorer has finished deleting the files, a dialog box will appear at the bottom of the screen: Internet Explorer has finished deleting the selected browsing history.
- Click OK in the Internet Options window.
- Close and restart Internet Explorer.
- Press Alt + S at the same time, on the keyboard, to access the History menu.
- Select Clear Recent History… and a dialog box will appear.
- Time range to clear: select Everything.
- Check the boxes for Cookies and Cache, and click Clear Now.
- Close and restart Firefox.
- Click the Chrome menu (. . .) on the browser toolbar.
- Select History.
- Select Clear Browsing Data.
- In the dialog box that appears, at the top select the amount of data you wish to clear (Beginning of Time will delete everything.) Place a check in the types of information you want to remove.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Close and restart Google Chrome.
- In the menu bar across the top, click on History and select Clear History…
- When the dialog box appears click Clear.
- Close and restart Safari.